Tuesday 12 April, 2011

You know what happened in metro?

It was 11’O clock and I was already 15 minutes late as I rushed towards to the road to grab an auto to depart me at the nearest metro station.  It was really a cold morning and it seemed like it could rain anytime. Anyways, within 10 minutes I was at the station and I hurriedly climbed the stairs and made an entry and reached the platform to catch the Dwarka metro while managing to inform my friend at Rajouri that I am half an hour late. Although I was at Preet Vihar station and it would be taking 40 or 45 minutes for me to reach that part of Delhi. Knowing this on the call, she shouted at me and told me that I better reach there within 20 minutes which was off course, IMPOSSIBLE.  Somehow I managed to calm her down and asked her to make a call to her boyfriend or do some shopping alone till the time I reach there. 




Finally metro arrived and I boarded in the first coach i.e. the ladies coach. :) How lucky I was that the coach wasn’t that occupied and I had plenty of seats for me to choose my favorite one to sit. At the next station, many ladies boarded in and two aunties sat near me. One of them confirmed from me that whether she is sitting in the right metro or not and later asked me from where I boarded in, what I do, where am I going and why am I going and it seemed like she is not going to stop throwing these random questions at me. To be true, I was really annoyed. Firstly, I was so late and my friend’s continuous SMSs added to the annoyance and secondly, I was having a very bad ache in my wisdom tooth(I wonder why they call it wisdom tooth?) that made me so frustrated, and all that wasn’t enough that now this lady is eating my mind. Thankfully, my cell rang and that call was made my Vodafone asking me to choose my favorite song and put it as my caller tune and blah blah. I really used to hate such calls but this time it seemed like a life saver for me and somehow made that lady lose her interest in me. But that lady was really talkative and by some means she started a conversation with the lady beside her seat.  15 minutes passed on and I didn’t know why but now I was just not able to stop myself from hearing their talks

These ladies started talking about the love life of their children. The lady who was initially talking to me was very much frustrated from her only son. His son fell for a girl in his locality and want to marry her but this lady is really not ready for this and wants her son to get married to a girl of her choice. But his son is really mad for the girl and he had warned his mother that if she is not going to support his choice, he will run away or do something that will make the mother regret not letting him marry that girl. 

Same is the condition for other lady but in her case her second daughter is creating the chaos in the house and is not eating anything, chucked her studies and not talking to anyone in the family because she wants to get married to her boyfriend whom she loves madly. 

What I made out from their conversations is that both the ladies are puzzled and are worried about their children’s future. Both the ladies love their kids a lot and want them to be happy always but they don’t really want their kids to get married to a person who will keep them happy forever which the ladies really fail to understand. 

Although in the end, one damn funny thing happened. Later in the conversation, they discovered that they both are enemies actually.  In fact, the ‘only’ son of the lady besides me had fallen for the ‘second’ daughter of the lady besides her. And I was like ‘what?’  aisa to Ekta Kapoor ke tv soaps mein hota hai… Believe me, it was that much shocking for me also as it proved to be for those ladies. But the only difference was that I was able to laugh! 

I believe, love is such a simple thing! Why they make it so complicated, I wonder!

Anyways, I reached my destination and hurried downwards to meet my friend in excitement just to tell her ‘you know what happened in metro?’ :P

Image Courtesy: thehindu.com

19 comments:

  1. Sanjana,

    Since when have you started scripting for movies? LOL. It is really hard to believe in this coincidence. However, as parent I can say that love your children as much as you wish to but do not curb their freedom and growth. Respect their choice and encourage them to share what goes on in their mind. Discuss if you feel they are going wrong and reason out but not dictate. I know marriage is not just union of two persons but coming together of two families but we must keep in mind that after all it is those two who have to spend life together which is more important.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that really happened?what a coincidence!

    I always wonder why parents opposes love marriage? i am lucky coz my parents had love marriage...
    nice post BTW...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jack,

    I kno it's very hard to believe but this is what really happened. That was a big time coincidence and they boarded in from same station so maybe...
    And we shall not forget it's life and anything can happen in this journey and you know it better :)

    @ Sub,

    That truly happened!
    And I also hv the same question as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really a hard coincidence. I find it even harder to believe when I heard someone pressuring his/her parents to marry someone of their choice. It's really sad that at a certain stage of life we become so independent that our own parents seem to be a hurdle for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Rachit

    I don't really know what was going in their family and who was pressuring whom but this piece is just an review of what i saw or felt that day! This is what I made out from their talks and I could be wrong also as I hardly knew them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Seriously? I hope both the aunties reached their destinations without "aunty-fight" :P

    "teri beti ne mere bete ko changul me fasa dia hai..nahi nahi tera beta meri beti pe dorre daalta hai !!!"

    LMAO !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is some really weird coincidence....cant imagine the predicament of those two ladies and ya ofcourse u had a good laugh! its really quite funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kahaani adhuri reh gayi... plot had just started and the rivals had just confronted. But alas!! Aapka station aa gaya. :D

    I think it is unfair on both fronts, the children and the parents. Children should understand that parents are more experienced in knowing people and have been through this phase.
    Parents must at least give their children an opportunity, say like, meeting with his/her loved one and trying to know about the person. Who knows, they might just find the best person for their child.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Sach!

    I don't know what happened next the curiosity is really killing me, being a lady u can understand that :)

    @ lifeontherocks

    I cant describe how I controlled my laughter that time ;)

    @ Blasphemous Aesthete

    Exactly mera station aagya without knowing the end of the story :(
    And I truly appreciate your thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder what the ladies did after realizing their situation!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :P
    This aint happening... LOL, how could you let go widout seeing the climax.. Once in a lifetime moment, hehe..

    aJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha..That must have been so funny. I really wish I could see the look on their faces!! You narrated it quite well..felt like someone was actually talking to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Vyankatesh

    Same here! :|

    @ Aakash

    I had to go because to control my laughter that time was a very tough job you see :P

    @ UB

    Thanks dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. really? what happened next?

    ReplyDelete
  15. First thing first - Quite honestly, I was about to leave the blog just noticing the length of the post! BUT as soon as I read Preet Vihar, I was held back! Why? Coz I take a metro from this station EVERYDAY! Some co-incidence! What next, I may spot someday soon now! :p

    Okay coming back to the post, thank you for finally taking me inside me the ladies coach! I always wondered if they even talk their inside! :D

    About the incidence, well you should have gone on to go beyond Rajouri, ignoring your friend! Damn I wanted to read the full story, may be another Rajshree productions saga in the making! ;)

    I don't follow many blogs, but I'd be following you errr your blog for sure! See you around, literally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Sourav

    sometimes you cant just ignore your friend specially when you get to see their dhamki bhara messages on your cell :|

    ReplyDelete
  17. Or you could have used a good excuse to tackle those dhamkiyan, jaise you took the opp metro by mistake and went to Anand Vihar and will take some more time to reach! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol, at Preet Vihar, you can only catch two metros and for me who catch metro from that station everyday, that really would have been a very lame excuse for me to make. :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. I catch a station from Preet Vihar everyday too, but I still often use that excuse for being late! They call me lame for that, but if I think about it, it's actually them! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete